Friday, January 29, 2010

Simply Vanilla

In my opinion, a house is not a home without that sweet, warm aroma of a freshly baked homemade cake :)

I called this cake 'Simply Vanilla' as it is probably the simplest and most basic vanilla cake you'll ever come across. However, it is also probably the tastiest vanilla cake I have ever made! And as a bonus: it's guilt-free! (Take my word for it, i majored in food science!)
Well.. it's only guilt-free if you're able to resist that second or even third slice :)

So, this was actually a lemon cake recipe my mom gave me, and i altered it into a vanilla cake recipe and cut down on the oil and omitted an egg - i couldn't help myself :) - i never have been able to follow recipes exactly the way they were given to me...
So, I made 'Simply Vanilla' yesterday and i figured it's the perfect start to my blog!

OK here it goes:

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups of flour
1 2/3 cups of sugar
1/2 cup of oil
1 1/4 cup milk
4 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 eggs
1 teaspoon of salt

Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, oil, salt and milk and mix with a whisk
(or an electric mixer) for 2 minutes.
Step 2: Add in the eggs, baking powder and vanilla. Mix for 2 minutes.
Step 3: Using a spatula, transfer the mixture to a standard size cake pan. Please resist the urge to lick the spatula unless you're in the mood for some salmonella.. yummy!

Bake for 40 to 50 min at 350. Cake is done when a toothpick comes out clean from the middle.

Et voila!! Bon appetit :)

3 comments:

  1. yummy!!! yallah put more easy recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice start my dear, I tasted the cake yesterday and It was really good... I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the encouragement girls!!! :):) bisous!!

    ReplyDelete